ASTIB is specifically focused on contributing to generate technological advancements to be implemented in a future Green Regional Aircraft (GRA);
its main objectives are to support the improvement of the Technological Readiness Level up to above TRL 5 for a number of significant electrical equipment that are being considered of critical importance for the future GRA. This will help supporting industrial application decisions for future deployments of GRA.
In particular, ASTIB will develop:
- Electromechanical actuators (EMAs) with their associated electronic control units (ECUs) for selected flight control surfaces Winglet and Wigtip with morphing capabilitues
- Electrically actuated one main and one nose landing gears
- Reliable prognostics and health management functions for the electromechanical actuators
- An advanced multi-functional integration, verification and validation test rig (“Iron Bird”)
- Contribution to the development of a health monitoring validation platform
- Tools for evaluation of the benefits of an integrated health monitoring platform
Italsystem is responsible of SW design and development for WINGTIP and WINGLET ECUs.